Splunk Instance

manaveen

What is a full splunk instance?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jay007ant
Explorer

A Full Splunk instance that gathers and/or receives data from forwarders and writes them to disk.
It can operate alone or with other indexers load balanced, and can also act as search interface.
Full Splunk Instance are:

• Indexer
  • "Heavy" Forwarder
  • Search Head
  • Deployment Server

I think you get Enterprise licensed version.

View solution in original post

Steve_G_
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The term "full splunk instance" is sometimes used in our documentation to distinguish the instance from a forwarder, particularly a universal forwarder.

0 Karma

jay007ant
Explorer

A Full Splunk instance that gathers and/or receives data from forwarders and writes them to disk.
It can operate alone or with other indexers load balanced, and can also act as search interface.
Full Splunk Instance are:

• Indexer
  • "Heavy" Forwarder
  • Search Head
  • Deployment Server

I think you get Enterprise licensed version.

DaveSavage
Builder

Yes it is a full instance. In that context. Splunk release the full package. It will give you 30 days on the license then you need to either allow it to roll over to a free license (which doesn't have certain functionality such as user credentials and a few other bits - all of which is documented), or buy an enterprise license.
You can add plug-ins such as Hadoop, as you indicate. There isn't a Hadoop Spunk version if that is what you mean. It's a Splunk instance to which the Hadoop plug-in has been installed.

0 Karma

manaveen

Hi, I downloaded the free version of Splunk 5.0.1.
Is it a full splunk instance? Can hadoop splunk connect be integrated with this version of splunk??

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

could please rephrase your question and provide more information?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...