Splunk Enterprise

Splunk & IPv6

DTERM
Contributor

I'm reading in Splunk answers that pure IPv6 host is not supported. Are there any plans on adding IPv6 support to the application? I'm trying to add a universal forwarder to an IPv6 only host. But it seems the heavy forwarder will not listen on IPv6 only address. Any way to get around that?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

mw
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I believe it's being worked on, but couldn't provide a date as to when ipv6 support will appear. I think the only way around it would be to establish an ipv4 address on that host.

View solution in original post

kluzz
Engager

I figured I'd update this, since this question has a lot of views...

Splunk does support IPv6 for communication, however it's not switched on by default. You probably cannot switch IPv4 off completely, but there's no need to give your server a v4 address just because v4 is enabled in Splunk.

mw
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I believe it's being worked on, but couldn't provide a date as to when ipv6 support will appear. I think the only way around it would be to establish an ipv4 address on that host.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...