Splunk Enterprise

Splunk Ent 7.20 instance says new maintenance version 7.2.1 is available - but I can not find / download it

apietersen
Contributor

Hi,
My Splunk Enterprise 7.20 instance says ( in message) for some days now new maintenance version 7.2.1 is available - but I can not find / download it.
Any tip or clue?

Thanks!
Ashley Pietersen

0 Karma

apietersen
Contributor

This morning version 7.2.1 became available to me. I conclude from this that the roll-out of new versions are per region, but the (bulletin) messages you see in your instance are sent immediately all over the world after a release in US

regards
Ashley pietersen

0 Karma

prakash007
Builder

I can see that message even after upgrading to 7.2.1, i think it's a default setting buried in that app configs.

0 Karma

apietersen
Contributor

Still showing version Splunk 7.20 (we are located in the Europe/Netherlands, maybe they rollout per region) - I will it tomorrow again..

Thanks

0 Karma

apietersen
Contributor

I think so but the Splunk webportal should show the latest version, but it did not, just showing 7.20. Cleared all browser caches I could find . So you were able to download the new version!? - I will check myself .

Thanks

0 Karma

prakash007
Builder

yes, 7.2.1 is officially out yesterday(11/09),clicking on the message will direct you to Free Trails and Downloads page---->splunk enterprise(download free 60 day trial)------>download when you login

If not you can download it from here(you can click on older releases if you need a different version)
https://www.splunk.com/en_us/download/splunk-enterprise.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...