Archive
Highlighted

Splunk DB connect page reloading frequently (refreshing every 5 secs)

Explorer

Hi,

I have Splunk DB connect v1.1.1 installed over Splunk 6.1 and The Db connect launcher keeps reloading every 5 secs. Is there any change in setting which I need to make for this.

Regards
Anirudh

Highlighted

Re: Splunk DB connect page reloading frequently (refreshing every 5 secs)

Motivator

Any update on this? Having the same issue

0 Karma
Highlighted

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What is the role of the user you are logged in as when you see this? I saw a similar issue, and it went away by assigning the user to the admin role or the dbx_user role.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Motivator

I am logged in as admin itself. I also added dbx_user as a role.Still seeing the issue.

Highlighted

Motivator

When I login as administrator I dont see this issue. But when I try with my normal user id which has admin role it again has the refresh issue

0 Karma
Highlighted

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, was this recently upgraded? There's a potential issue if java bridge isn't stopped before upgrade, we've added some documentation describing the problem and how to avoid it: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/1.1.2/DeployDBX/Installtheconnector#Install_the_Splunk_DB_C...

0 Karma
Highlighted

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you using Splunk Free, or do you have an enterprise license? DB Connect is not compatible with Splunk Free.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Motivator

Nope. Its the enterprise one. It's fixed now. We had AD groups mapping to a role (Department wise like securityeng, securitysupport) which is again mapped to multiple roles ( admin,power,dbxuser). So because of this somehow the refresh weren't stopping. So changed the AD mapping directly to the regular roles (admin,dbxuser) which fixed the issue.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Path Finder

I'm having the same problem. assigning different roles doesnt help. any ideas how to tackle the constant refresh?

0 Karma
Highlighted

Motivator

What role are you assigning the user to? Do you see the constant refresh when you logged in with your "Admin" account?If yes,then test it by adding dbx_user role to the "Admin" account and try it. I didn't see the refresh when I tried with Admin account. I had the issue when I try it with any other user admin accounts.

0 Karma