Reporting

Splunk DB connect page reloading frequently (refreshing every 5 secs)

anirudhk
Explorer

Hi,

I have Splunk DB connect v1.1.1 installed over Splunk 6.1 and The Db connect launcher keeps reloading every 5 secs. Is there any change in setting which I need to make for this.

Regards
Anirudh

erstexas
Path Finder

Anybody find a fix for this refreshing issue? Mine just started doing this within the last week or so. Ran flawless for months before that.

0 Karma

erstexas
Path Finder

Fixed it. Complete uninstall and reinstall of the DBX app worked for me.

0 Karma

mic1024
Path Finder

I'm having the same problem. assigning different roles doesnt help. any ideas how to tackle the constant refresh?

0 Karma

mic1024
Path Finder

I tried both, 'Admin' user with and without dbx_user role.
Normal user with and witout dbx_role.

"The Java Bridge server is loading..." is what I see though. It used to say 'ok' when it wasn't refreshing...

0 Karma

theouhuios
Motivator

What role are you assigning the user to? Do you see the constant refresh when you logged in with your "Admin" account?If yes,then test it by adding dbx_user role to the "Admin" account and try it. I didn't see the refresh when I tried with Admin account. I had the issue when I try it with any other user admin accounts.

0 Karma

theouhuios
Motivator

Nope. Its the enterprise one. It's fixed now. We had AD groups mapping to a role (Department wise like security_eng, security_support) which is again mapped to multiple roles ( admin,power,dbx_user). So because of this somehow the refresh weren't stopping. So changed the AD mapping directly to the regular roles (admin,dbx_user) which fixed the issue.

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you using Splunk Free, or do you have an enterprise license? DB Connect is not compatible with Splunk Free.

0 Karma

akaylor_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What is the role of the user you are logged in as when you see this? I saw a similar issue, and it went away by assigning the user to the admin role or the dbx_user role.

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, was this recently upgraded? There's a potential issue if java bridge isn't stopped before upgrade, we've added some documentation describing the problem and how to avoid it: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/1.1.2/DeployDBX/Installtheconnector#Install_the_Splunk_DB_C...

0 Karma

theouhuios
Motivator

When I login as administrator I dont see this issue. But when I try with my normal user id which has admin role it again has the refresh issue

0 Karma

theouhuios
Motivator

I am logged in as admin itself. I also added dbx_user as a role.Still seeing the issue.

theouhuios
Motivator

Any update on this? Having the same issue

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...