Splunk Dev

Splunk DB Connect

rupali12
Explorer

I have downloaded Splunk DB connect app. but while executing query it shows "command="dbquery", Error getting database connection: JDBC driver (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver) for database type MySQL is not installed".I have downloaded java Database Connectivity (JDBC) driver and copied the .jar file to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/dbx/bin/lib.what i ll do?

Tags (1)

DaveSavage
Builder

;-))...it happens to us all.
Good luck with the MySQL DB Connect - its a neat start point and opens a LOT of doors as to where you can go with the data.

0 Karma

rupali12
Explorer

but after restart it is showing "Host 'XXXXXX' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server" error.how to resolve this?

0 Karma

rupali12
Explorer

ok i forgot to restart.Thank u. 🙂

0 Karma

DaveSavage
Builder

By the way - did you restart the app or server on which the database is placed, or is used by? Assuming that is feasible and reasonable to do so, of course 😉

DaveSavage
Builder

That sounds to be correct. The Java DBC needs to be installed (placed) and you also need the JRE - in fact I found the fuller version to work better.
You need to restart Splunk as well. Go into the dashboard and see if the 'green light' is on next to the bridge.
Do you have the installation notes? They are very good.
Jar files are compacted / a type of zip files. You will need to unpack it.

0 Karma

rupali12
Explorer

is there anyone????plz rply....:(

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...