Getting Data In

Splunk DB Connect and reverse proxy

kenmcgarrahan
Explorer

Running Splunk (in trial mode) behind a reverse proxy (wiki.splunk.com/Community:SplunkBehindAProxy) and have a problem with the DB Connect app not using the configured context root for selected actions.

In ${SPLUNK_HOME}/system/local/web.conf:

[settings]
root_endpoint = /splunkv
tools.proxy.on = True

In the DB Connect configuration in the web console, the URL associated with the 'Database Connections in Splunk Manager' button lacks the '/splunkv'/ context. A 'hover' over indicates the URL is '//myhost/manager/dbx/dbx/databases', an invalid context which displays a 404 error when clicked. Manually correcting the URL to include the 'splunkv' context ('//myhost/splunkv/manager/dbx/dbx/databases') displays the page correctly and allows interaction with the DB Connect configuration.

Is there a corresponding DB Connect proxy setting which corrects this error? Is there a general solution which ensures adherence to the root_endpoint value in web.conf?

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Yes, there are a few places we've recently identified that do not respect custom root endpoints. There aren't any quick workarounds available yet.

Would it be possible for you to open a support case so we can notify you when there is a fix available? I'll try to remember to update here as well.

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Sounds good, appreciate it. If I can get a workaround or provide an update here, I will do so.

0 Karma

kenmcgarrahan
Explorer

No valid support contract (yet), so opening a support case isn't possible.

When production licenses are procured, I can add the support case.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...