Deployment Architecture

Splunk DB Connect: Why did my dbmon-tail input to fetch data from a SQL query stop tailing data after 1 day?

xbbj3nj
Path Finder

Hi,

I have setup a dbmon-tail to fetch data from a SQL query every 15 minutes. It works as expected for a day until night, and suddenly the next day it stops tailing data.

Select * from ArcUnion {{WHERE $rising_column$ > ?}}

In the interval I have set as 15m.

Can you please tell me what's the issue here?

0 Karma

karabsze
Path Finder

Have you also tried to change the interval to cron expression ?

0 Karma

vincenteous
Communicator

Does your dbx.log report anything related to an error? You may want to check that log instead of splunkd.log to start the troubleshoot process.

0 Karma

rickalmva

the "Rising Column" Timegenerated, is it like (or is) Unix Epoch, ever increasing or it is time of day, resetting to a lower value nightly ? Remember the query is looking for records where the value of Timegenerated is > (greater than) any value seen before.

Just checking the simple things

0 Karma

xbbj3nj
Path Finder

Rickamva,
Thanks for the response.
Timegenerated coloumn is ever increasing value, its a unix timestamp field which keeps on changing at any point of time.

0 Karma

mzorzi
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

try to use the full jdk installation from Oracle.

0 Karma

xbbj3nj
Path Finder

what do you meany by that ? you want me upgrade the DBX app ?

0 Karma

PPape
Contributor

Could you please paste your inputs.conf and did you check your splunkd.log for errors?

0 Karma

xbbj3nj
Path Finder

Hi ,

Below is my inputs.conf...

[dbmon-tail://Essmon_wnpcpdbeso01/ESO_DB_wnpcpdbeso01]
host = wnpcpdbeso01
index = eso
interval = 15m
output.format = mkv
output.timestamp = 1
output.timestamp.column = Timegenerated
query = Select * from ArcUnion {{WHERE $rising_column$ > ?}}
table = ESO_DB_wtpcpdbeso04
tail.rising.column = Timegenerated
disabled = 0

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...