Deployment Architecture

Splunk DB Connect: Why am I getting "Ignored stanza: batch://$SPLUNK_HOME/var/spool/dbmon/*.dbmonevt" in the dbx.log?

82padarthi
Explorer

Hi

getting the following entry in the dbx.log

2015-01-09 05:54:58.119 monsch1:DEBUG:Scheduler - Ignored stanza: batch://$SPLUNK_HOME/var/spool/dbmon/*.dbmonevt

Please help us to resolve... because of this i am getting the resultcount but data not indexing

0 Karma

82padarthi
Explorer

some where they mectioned to add the batch

in my case i am getting the resultcount in the dbx.log but those results not indexing.. any idea

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi 82padarthi,

well reading the docs about DBX inputs.conf http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/1.1.6/DeployDBX/inputsspec I cannot find anything mentioning a [batch] stanza, that's why it is ignored.
Never did that though, so try any other method mentioned in the docs.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

82padarthi
Explorer
0 Karma

MuS
Legend

What version of Splunk and DBX are you using?

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

nice or not nice....I'll ping the docs team to check this. Like I said I haven't used it so far ....

0 Karma

82padarthi
Explorer

in dbx i am getting the result count but not indexing.. i have following stanza in the dbx/local/inputs.conf file

[script://$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/dbx/bin/jbridge_server.py]
disabled = 0

[batch://$SPLUNK_HOME/var/spool/dbmon/*.dbmonevt]
crcSalt = 
disabled = 0
move_policy = sinkhole
sourcetype = dbmon:spool
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...