Getting Data In

Splunk DB Connect: How to troubleshoot error "Splunkd daemon is not responding"?

varunnair26
Explorer

Hi,

I am trying to integrate my DB server (External Database) with Splunk, but I'm receiving the following error. Kindly let me know if one of you have faced this kind of issue:

"Splunkd daemon is not responding: ('Error connecting to /servicesNS/admin/dbx/dbx/databases: The read operation timed out',) "

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

tachifelix
Path Finder

have you install appropriate jdbc ? if not install and configure it. look in doc splunkdb connect 1.x

0 Karma

varunnair26
Explorer

I have been looking into it, but didn't find any solution. Which appropriate JDBC you are referring to, can share some links regarding it ?

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @varunnair26

I think @tachifelix is referring to this page:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/1.1.7/DeployDBX/Installdrivers

Did you download and install the appropriate driver according to your particular external database?

0 Karma

varunnair26
Explorer

Hi @ppablo_splunk , I have checked the link. The drivers are for MySQL, Oracle, DB2 and Informix. My database is Microsoft SQL server. Is that require any driver ? If yes, which one should I download ? Please suggest.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...