Training + Certification Discussions

Splunk Core User Certification Study Material

jeenashiva

Friends,

I am new to Splunk forum and looking for some help.

I am currently planning on getting my Splunk Core User Certification and struggling to get a good study material. Can you please suggest any books/websites?

Thank You,
Shiva

0 Karma

kzerrands3

it's hard to find anything helpful. I use flashcards to help me memorizing the online course materials. below is one example.

https://www.brainscape.com/l/dashboard/splunk-13399125/decks

ps - i am 3 months new to splunk. specialized in PAM.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Don't trust flash card sites.  The information in them is of questionable quality and have been found to be incorrect in the past.  Stick with the Splunk-provided material.

I think you'll be better off spending your flash-card time on hands-on activity with Splunk.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Since the questions on the exam pretty much come from the Fundamentals classes, the material from those classes is your best study material.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

termcap
Path Finder

@richgallowayare the fundamentals2/3 study material available for free or is it only available to those who register for the classes conducted by Splunk.

0 Karma

yeasuh
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @termcap 

Is this what you're looking for?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...