Training + Certification Discussions

Splunk Architecture Exam: Are points deducted if unnecessary log files are removed from the directory containing the XML file for the exam?

pbugeja

Question regarding log files that are required for indexes created in the architecture exam. If you we need to index data from the example.xml file and their many other *.log files not need for the required index.

Would there be points deducted from the exam grade if the unnecessary *.logs removed from the directory containing the example.xml file required for the exam?

Thanks, Paul

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

For all such questions, ask yourself: "Would this be an okay thing to do on a customer site if you were a consultant?"

If the answer is "of course I would do that without consulting the customer" - then go for it.
Otherwise it is a bad idea.

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

I am not from Splunk Education Team so hard to answer but i think its a pass or fail lab.
I am pretty sure that if that was the only thing you missed, you will receive a passing grade.
With that said, please do not reveal items from the exam. it is appropriate to address these questions to your lab instructor
here is the info i was able to find on the exam from Splunk Education
http://www.splunk.com/web_assets/pdfs/support/edu/v64/ArchitectCertDescription.pdf
hope it helps

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...