Splunk Search

Splunk App for Unix and missing jquery-1.6.2.js

fxxxxx

Hi,
I just installed splunk and the Splunk App for Unix. The app can find the data as it can be seen in teh preview. But as soon as I go to the homepage of the app, i.e. to myip:8000/en-US/app/splunk_app_for_nix/home I cannot see the dashboard, but only the menu bar and a white space. Then, if I cativate the error console of the browser (Firefox 29.0.1), I see the following error:
NetworkError: 404 Not Found - myip:8000/en-US/static/@207789/js/contrib/jquery-1.6.2.js

If I go to the following directory on the server: /"homeofsplunk"/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_for_nix/appserver/static/js/contrib I do not see the jquery-1.6.2.js file, but other files like spin.js, that one I can download via myip/en-US/static/@207789/js/contrib/spin.js .
If I upload the jquery-1.6.2.js at that path, it does not help.

Any suggestions, what could be wrong with my installation? I also tried reinstalling the Splunk App for Unix.

[had to remove the protocoll from the urls due to the message You need to earn more Karma to include links to external sites in your posts There was an error posting your question. Please try again.]

Tags (2)
0 Karma

jfarmiloe
Explorer

I fixed this in version 6.2 by editing /opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_app_for_nix/appserver/templates/layout/unix_base.html and changing the reference to jquery-1.6.2.js to jquery-1.8.2.js, which is available from the core Splunk install files under /opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/js/contrib/.

Reviewing the Splunk RPM history, it looks like jquery-1.6.2.js was removed somewhere between 6.0.3 and 6.1.1 - I guess if you were upgrading from an older version it would be left there, but for a fresh install it doesn't exist.

0 Karma

dijikul
Communicator

I opened a support case about this which they pointed me to the documentation here: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/UnixApp/5.2.4/User/TroubleshoottheSplunkAppforUnixandLinux and specifically:

minify_js to true

I made the change but my dev console continues to report errors related to the CSS MIME Type:

bad mime

I await support's response.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...