#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Splunk Answers - Some Questions

markthompson
Builder

Hello,
I've just got a couple of questions regarding Splunk answers;

1) What does the diamond represent after some user's names?
2) How do you tell if someone is a staff member?

They're just some questions that have been on my mind ever since I joined, never really figured it out, thought it might be worth asking as some others might have similar questions.

0 Karma
1 Solution

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi MarkThompson,

1. one diamond means they're a moderator. two diamonds means they're a site admin.
  2. we're currently considering some kind of badge to clarify if someone works for Splunk, but right now there's no consistent way to know. if someone has _splunk after their username, then they definitely work for Splunk, though.

View solution in original post

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi MarkThompson,

1. one diamond means they're a moderator. two diamonds means they're a site admin.
  2. we're currently considering some kind of badge to clarify if someone works for Splunk, but right now there's no consistent way to know. if someone has _splunk after their username, then they definitely work for Splunk, though.

markthompson
Builder

Ah right, so do moderators work for you? Or are they just selected individuals who do a lot on the site and help out users?

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

it's both. i can make someone a moderator, but most people have earned it by working on the site, yes. you need 10K points to be a full moderator.

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

@piebob - isn't 10k a bit high? 😛 You know how hard it is to get Karma on here!! I'll keep going but a long way off at the moment!

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

i think it is a bit high. we're going to re-level the points requirements some time soon--got some more pressing bugs to work on first!

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

@piebob - I think there should be a badge for reaching 1k reputation.... I'm nearly there lol

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

Long way off 😛

So is there 2 different types of moderator?

Full and partial?

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

@piebob - How comes Ive seen people that are moderators that only have 1k? Just a question 🙂

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

probably because they're either well-known customers or employees that i've made moderators manually because i needed the help 🙂

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

@MuS - I think you're the perfect candidate to answer this 🙂

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

@piebob - You'll probably know, its been bugging me a while 😛

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...