Splunk Search

Splunk 7 shows Splunk version as 4

jet1276
Path Finder

Hi,

Sometimes when I open my Splunk 7 web interface, it shows splunk version as 4. All the functionalities and features are of Splunk 7 only but only visually the vesion seems as Splunk 4.

Is it a known or unknown bug ?? What can I do to resolve the issue?

nikita_p
Contributor

Hi,
Yes, this is a bug This and fixed in 6.6.4 and 7.0.1:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.6.4/ReleaseNotes/6.6.4#Admin_and_CLI_issues

0 Karma

MaximeMouquetOA

Hello,

We are facing the same issue on a Splunk instance in 6.6.1 version. I was looking for the issue related to this bug but was not able to find it. Is there an issue number opened for that and linked to this error?

In which Splunk release is it corrected?

Thanks!

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is a known bug, and should be resolved in a next release. If you have a active support contract, please open a support ticket for this!

0 Karma

jet1276
Path Finder

Can you provide any link for the same where splunk has provided any information regarding the same??

JensT
Communicator

Sidenote: This is also in Splunk 6.6.3

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...