Installation

Splunk 7.1.0 upgrade of FREE version finalizes searches with message ' Search auto-finalized after disk usage limit (0MB) reached. '

Wobe
Explorer

After upgrading from 7.0.3 to 7.1.0 longer searches will be auto-finalized!
So most results will not be correct because not all events will be used for a given timerange.

Example: (All time search, no config changes in disk quotas done)
| search source "unitstatus" => 1.099.140 events with message 'Search auto-finalized after disk usage limit (0MB) reached. '

| search source "unitstatus" | stats count => 1.542.614 eventcount with message 'Search auto-finalized after disk usage limit (0MB) reached. '

| metadata type=sources index=* | where source="unitstatus" | fields + totalCount => 2.671.141 count without message

This happens with ALL searches, i was able to test. The diskquota in the FREE version is promised to be not limited.
It happens on every Upgradeinstallation with V7.1.0.

What did i do wrong?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Wobe
Explorer

Tested the issue with V7.1.2.
It seems to be fixed.

I'm happy. 🙂

View solution in original post

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...