Installation

Splunk 7.1.0 upgrade of FREE version finalizes searches with message ' Search auto-finalized after disk usage limit (0MB) reached. '

Wobe
Explorer

After upgrading from 7.0.3 to 7.1.0 longer searches will be auto-finalized!
So most results will not be correct because not all events will be used for a given timerange.

Example: (All time search, no config changes in disk quotas done)
| search source "unitstatus" => 1.099.140 events with message 'Search auto-finalized after disk usage limit (0MB) reached. '

| search source "unitstatus" | stats count => 1.542.614 eventcount with message 'Search auto-finalized after disk usage limit (0MB) reached. '

| metadata type=sources index=* | where source="unitstatus" | fields + totalCount => 2.671.141 count without message

This happens with ALL searches, i was able to test. The diskquota in the FREE version is promised to be not limited.
It happens on every Upgradeinstallation with V7.1.0.

What did i do wrong?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Wobe
Explorer

Tested the issue with V7.1.2.
It seems to be fixed.

I'm happy. 🙂

View solution in original post

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Good message:
It's a known issue, it's been tested, verified and logged into the issue tracker.
It's not on purpose or anything, but seems to be a bug that only hits the combination of realtime, 7.1 and free license.

Bad message:
Seems there is no workaround or fix yet.

0 Karma

arthurh
Engager

Got the same bug on my splunk test env

0 Karma

johoffry

I have a trial license installed and it does the same thing while running a REAL-TIME search

0 Karma

Wobe
Explorer

So this also happens with a non-expired license? Too bad. I could not test that yet.
I have to mention that it happens with ANY type of search - not only REAL-TIME.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...