Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk 6.1 - Dashboard Panel Display ?

noorul44

Hi All, Do we have any way to print the result in Dashboard Panel like given below?

If Count > 0, Result display in Line Table
If Count = 0, Result display in Statistics Table ??

0 Karma
1 Solution

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You will want to use advanced dashboarding to achieve this. You cannot pick which visualization you want to use ,unless you hard code it into some javascript/django logic.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

noorul44

Hi Stephane - Yes. I made a query such that it will display values only if value crosses 50%. Below 50, it wont show anything and it will consider output as zero.
My requirement is to display the results in dashboard panel.

If Count > 0, Result display in Line Table (means one or more entries with more than 50%)

0 Karma

noorul44

Hi Stephane, Kindly have a look once get a minute, Thanks.

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You will want to use advanced dashboarding to achieve this. You cannot pick which visualization you want to use ,unless you hard code it into some javascript/django logic.

0 Karma

noorul44

Yes. I have changed the requirement for that. Above search working fine in dashboard panel. If I change the view manually as "Statistics Table", its fine and showing "Memory Currently Under Threshold" for <50 % and showing count (1 or more count/entry) for >=50.Hope i am making sense now.

My requirement is to display the results in dashboard panel.

If Count > 0, Result display in Line Table (means one or more entries with more than 50%)

0 Karma

noorul44

Hi Alacercogitatus, Kindly have a look once get a minute, Thanks.

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

And as I've stated in the answer, you will need to research and code an HTML/Django dashboard that takes the data from the search and chooses a visualization based on that data.

0 Karma

noorul44

Hi Alacercogitatus,

Kindly help me to hard code it. I am using below stuffs in my query now.

| where memory > 50% | appendpipe [ stats count | eval memory = "Memory Currently Under Threshold" | where count==0 | fields - count ]

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The original question was based on Visualizations and using different results to show different graphs. Did you change your requirement for that? What are you trying to accomplish with that search?

0 Karma

stephane_cyrill
Builder

Can you be more clear about what you want?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...