Archive

Splunk 4.1.1 Support lifecycle

I am assessing all software in our solution as to when stuff goes out of support. Found verything on the WWW apart from Splunk. When does version 4.1.1 go end of support plase?

Regards
Andy Ridout BT PLC

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Path Finder

Splunk 4 documentation now states:

NOTE - Splunk version 4.x reached its
End of Life on October 1, 2013. Please
see the migration information.

So it is as ChrisG stated, Splunk 4.x reached End-of-Life on the day Splunk 6.0 was released

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You are looking for the Support and Maintenance Terms and Conditions, which is linked from the bottom of the Support Programs page.

Section 2.5.9 covers software updates and end-of-life policy. "Splunk provides full Support, including, when available, bug fixes, only on the current major release and (a) the immediately prior major release or (b) twenty-four months from the then current major release."

The current major release is 5.0, which went GA in October 2012.

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Sure...4.0 came out in 2010, so it has already passed the two-year window. When 6.0 comes out, 4.x will no longer have official support. There is no current announcement about when 6.0 is scheduled for release. Splunk does encourage people to upgrade when new releases are available for performance, security, and feature enhancements, so maybe look at 5.0 and see if you want to upgrade and continue to be on a supported version.

0 Karma

Thanks for you help Chris G.
So version 4 goes out of support when Version 6 comes out.
I asusme that the date for that is not currently known.
OR support will continue until version 4 is 2 years old.
Do you know when version 4 came out?
(I am trying to understand if 4.4.1 goes out of support before april 2014 or april 2015.)
Thanks

0 Karma