Deployment Architecture

Single index on indexer not getting new data. Other indexes are.

a238574
Path Finder

I have a splunk cluster with 3 indexers. I have a non replicated index that for some reason has stopped getting new data on one of the indexers. Other indexes on the same node are getting data. What can I look for to figure out why this index on the one node is not getting new data. The data is coming from a pair of Heavy Forwarders which is my 1st target to check but not sure where to look.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

a238574
Path Finder

Found my issue... the indexer in question had been moved to a new IP but the config change had not been updated on the HF

View solution in original post

0 Karma

a238574
Path Finder

Found my issue... the indexer in question had been moved to a new IP but the config change had not been updated on the HF

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Start with error message in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log on Indexer and Heavy Forwarder. Also check whether receiving port is listening on Indexer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...