Installation

Servers Patching and impact on Splunk

ramprakash
Explorer

Hello Splunkers,

My Infrastructure team is going to patch all the servers where Splunk is currently installed. Are there any steps which i need to take to perform this activity.

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Crossing your fingers might be a good precaution.

On a more serious note: without any further details, this is impossible to comment on. What OS, what is involved in the patching (e.g. are they going to reboot, or trigger splunk to restart), what does your splunk architecture look like, what availability requirements do you have...etc. etc.?

ramprakash
Explorer

Right now i have details of OS level patching to remove the vulnerability of existing systems. Do we have any maintenance procedure of such activities ?

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

There is no generic Splunk maintenance procedure for OS level patching, as the approach will highly depend on all the things I mentioned in my previous comment (and more).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...