Splunk Search

Search _raw for values in a csv?

rbogner
Engager

I've confirmed that the following search works:

index=* sourcetype=proxy | eval domain="google" | where match(_raw,domain) | table _raw

but instead of defining domain on the command line, I'd like to pull values from a column called domain in the file ioc.csv that I uploaded.

Any ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Try this

index=* sourcetype=proxy [ inputlookup mydomains | table domain | eval domain="*".domain."*" | rename domain AS search | format]

dshpritz
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can do this with a subsearch:

index=* sourcetype=proxy [ inputlookup mydomains | table domain | rename domain AS search | format]

If you specifically wanted to check the domain field for a match, you could use the following:

index=* sourcetype=proxy [ inputlookup mydomains | fields domain]

As long as the field name in the input matches the field name in the data (for example if you have a field in the lookup named "domain" and then the field in your proxy data is "domain" as well). If the field names do not match, you can use a rename command in the subsearch:

index=* sourcetype=proxy [ inputlookup mydomains | fields badguy | rename badguy AS domain]

rbogner
Engager

Great stuff, thanks guys.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...