Splunk Search

Search not showing all events

EricMueller0619

Hi,

i do have the following problem:

index=atmo_pc sourcetype=SE10 Station=60

as you can see, my search is pretty basic. It is just a small part of a whole Dashboard, which depends on the selected Station. Furthermore events with Station=60 arent shown properly. Actually the result's 4 events if i press search (Year to date-Time-Picker).

if i modify the search like:

index=atmo_pc sourcetype=SE10 Station<61 Station>59

i receive more than 7000 events, which is the correct number of events.

So i cannot figure out why. I dont think it is a problem regarding the Field Extractions or any other settings. Is it a problem of the source? Thanks for any help!

Eric

Tags (1)
0 Karma

EricMueller0619

the problem is, i do not have access to $SPLUNK_HOME/bin and neither to the forwarder

i have to solve it (if possible) differently

0 Karma

kapilbk1996
Explorer

Try to restart indexer.
Run this command in $SPLUNK_HOME/bin

./splunk restart

In case you are using forwarder, restart forwarder as well.

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

After hitting this search index=atmo_pc sourcetype=SE10 Station<61 Station>59 what values do you get in the field sidebar for Station field?

Do you get only 60?

0 Karma

EricMueller0619

yes after running the search i only get 60 for Station, which is a number not a string

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...