Deployment Architecture

What is the reason for search head errors expecting forwarder directory?

sakthiganesht

Dears,

I am in the process of setting up a cluster environment. In the process while firing some commands on search heads I get error that points to "/opt/splunkforwarder/.splunk" directory. Has someone faced similar issue, what could be the reason and solution to fix this?

bash-4.2$ /opt/splunk/bin/splunk show shcluster-status
Splunk username: admin
Password:
Can't create directory "/opt/splunkforwarder/.splunk": No such file or directory

Thank you.

Regards,
Sakthi

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

HoneyPatre

I am facing the same error as your while running commands like

/opt/splunk/bin/splunk show kvstore-status

./splunk show web-port
./splunk show splunkd-port

Did you find any solution.

My machine doesn't have any forwarder configurations and splunk still believes it is forwarder.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

probably you have define user splunk which home has set to /opt/splunkforwarder instead of /home/splunk? 

If your user is splunk then you could check this by 

getent passwd|awk -F: '/splunk/ {print $6}'

If it something else just update splunk to correct one.

This prints the home directory and if You haven't that directory on your system and "splunk" user haven't write access to it, you need to change it to correct one.

r. Ismo 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...