Splunk Search

Search Heads not looking for Events on Both Indexers

TLAZO
Explorer

I have two indexers: splnkindex001 (si1) and splnkindex002 (si2). Both indexers have index replication configured for index A.
Even with this index A replication configured, it takes a couple of hours to do so. That would not be a problem if Search Heads (splnksearch001 and splnksearch002) were not looking for events on both indexers in one single search. Sometimes I will get information from the "un-updated" indexer and have to include the "splunk_server=splnkindex001" or "splunk_server=splnkindex002" on my search to double check.
Is this a normal behavior on distributed search? I thought that the search head would look for events by default on all search peers.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

rurbina10
Engager

On the search head(s):

Settings->Distributed Management Console
Setup->Apply Changes->Refresh

That will resolve the issue.

Now you will see both indexers under searchProviders (job's property)  

searchProviders  
[
    "SPLNKINDEX001",
    "SPLNKINDEX002"
]

View solution in original post

rurbina10
Engager

On the search head(s):

Settings->Distributed Management Console
Setup->Apply Changes->Refresh

That will resolve the issue.

Now you will see both indexers under searchProviders (job's property)  

searchProviders  
[
    "SPLNKINDEX001",
    "SPLNKINDEX002"
]

TLAZO
Explorer

Thanks Renzo. That worked

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...