Splunk Enterprise

Same query send to Splunk multiple times

xxmazurt

Hello,

I have an external script which sends queries to Splunk via API. My script sends 10 identical query same time. In jobs inspector, I see them as 10 different inputs. I assume that because they are run in parallel, they consume search head resources discretely.

The question is: if there is any mechanism in Splunk which could recognize that identical queries were sent to Search Head and optimize queries execution?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

s2_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I have to ask: Why does your script send 10 identical queries at the same time? What are you trying to achieve?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

No, but what you can do is save the search in Splunk, schedule it to run in the scheduler and then pull in the results using the loadjob command. This pulls just the results from the previous run so it uses no search resources and doesn't matter if you call it 10 times.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If by optimize you mean deduplicate the 10 indentical searches into just 1 search, no there is no mechanism to do this in Splunk.

Closest option I can think of is saving a report, scheduling it to run every so often, and then pulling the results of the saved report. That would give you the same results until the report's scheduled run time came up again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...