All Apps and Add-ons

SA-NIX. What is it?

ilasa01
Explorer

Hello,

This perhaps is a silly question but I have been unable to quickly find an answer in the documentation. What is the SA-NIX application? My deployment server has installed SA-nix, Splunk Application for UNIX, Splunk add-on for *NIX, and I am trying to document what is the difference and features of the three applications.

Thanks.
Regards
Sal

Tags (1)

DavidHourani
Super Champion

SA-nix is the supporting Add-on no ?

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Not sure if you looked in the documentation for the Unix App itself, but it has topics on the app and both of the add-ons, including the Supporting Add-on.

saurabh_tek11
Communicator
If you install the Splunk App for Unix and Linux in a distributed environment and have configured the search heads in that environment to send data to the indexers, you might need to deploy the indexes.conf file that comes with the Splunk Supporting Add-on for Unix and Linux component (SA-nix/default/indexes.conf) onto your indexers to ensure that the unix_summary summary index is available. Failure to do so might cause issues with alerts for the app, as alerts use this special index.
0 Karma

ilasa01
Explorer

Thanks Chris.

The UNIX application and its add-on was understood. I was unable to read details of the SA-nix in the links which you provided.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

SA-nix is the Supporting Add-on for Unix and Linux. Is there specific information you are looking for that the documentation does not provide?

ilasa01
Explorer

I am writing an High Level Design and my question relates the Splunk Use Cases. The link http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/UnixApp/5.1TA/User/WhataSplunkAppforUnixandLinuxdeploymentlooks...

or
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/WAS/2.0.1/InstallGuide/SplunkforWAS give an example of what I am looking for and may help me to understand the users provisioning and/or de-provisioning.

Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...