Splunk Search

Rex multiple strings from field query

stephenreece

Morning all,

I hope this is an easy one where i am just missing some login somewhere.

I have a field called errors that houses data that looks like this:

*Fieldname *

errors

String
56005:16;69002:1;56009:3958

This is indicating that a single event can incur multiple errors and i need to pull all the error codes separately (codes are always numerical and always 5 digits long).

The colon and digits after indicate count volumes which are irrelevant and the delimiter is always a semi-colon.

This seems quite an easy pull as the rex is simply "(\d\d\d\d\d):"

However i can't get splunk to spit anything out at all (and ive tried lots of variations).

Ideally i want to stats value the result by user so i end up with something like the below:

user1 56005
User2 66095

any ideas?:

Tags (1)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@stephenreece

Try

|rex field=errors max_match=0 "(?<Errors>\d{5}):"
Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

stephenreece

current search = | rex field=errors "(?(\d\d\d\d\d):)"

0 Karma

stephenreece

this will give back the first rex entry only, so i need a way to reproduce and collect an unlimited amount of REX groups.. (each string may contain from 1 to 1000 codes).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...