Splunk Search

Retention period need to set for DB connect app data

rakesh44
Communicator

Hi Team

I have 3 queries in DB Connect App

1) Runs once and pull 13 months of data, 2) second also runs once and pull 13 months of data 3) runs from 1st to 7th of every month and freeze for remaining days. As per infra team they can retain data for only 1 month in Dev env and 3 months in Prod env

but my req is to maintain 13 months of data for all queries and it should purged data of 1st month when 14 month is started

Tags (1)
0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

You can set frozenTimePeriodInSecs in indexes.conf for index which is collecting db connect data.

rakesh44
Communicator

Hi Gaurav,

I have 3 queries which is in same Index with 3 different sourcetype. Am aware abut frozenTimePeriodInSecs, challenges is we cant allow to maintain 13 months of data in infra as per company policy.So there any other way to maintain it. Does summary Indexing will work here.Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...