All Apps and Add-ons

Require excel_export for windows

abhayneilam
Contributor

Hi,

Splunk is generating five .csv file correctly. My requirement is to generate an excel sheet which would contain five tabs corresponding to each .csv file. I have heard about excel_export module and I downloaded it from splunk applicaiton but it is in .tar.gz format.

Can any one let me know how to get the same for windows and how to integrate it with windows to get "export in excel" option in SPLUNK.

Please help !!

Thanks
Abhay

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Drainy
Champion

I think you may have been confused somewhere along the way.
If I understand you correctly you have downloaded an app from Splunk-base? All apps are either tar.gz or .spl (or .spk, I forget, either way its just a .tar.gz renamed :P).

All you need to do now is install the app by logging into your Splunk instance, heading to the App drop down in the top right, manage apps and then select to install an app from a file. You can then select the tar.gz file to install it. For anything else make sure you read any included README or INSTALL files with the app.

View solution in original post

Drainy
Champion

I think you may have been confused somewhere along the way.
If I understand you correctly you have downloaded an app from Splunk-base? All apps are either tar.gz or .spl (or .spk, I forget, either way its just a .tar.gz renamed :P).

All you need to do now is install the app by logging into your Splunk instance, heading to the App drop down in the top right, manage apps and then select to install an app from a file. You can then select the tar.gz file to install it. For anything else make sure you read any included README or INSTALL files with the app.

abhayneilam
Contributor

Hi,

I have got the solution for exporting the report in excel. Kindly help me with the following :

Splunk generates five .csv files which I import to an excel sheet to make a complete workbook which contains five tabs, tab_one tab_two tab_three tab_four tab_fiveI am importing each csv file to each tab:file1.csv to tab_one

file2.csv to tab_two
file3.csv to tab_three
file4.csv to tab_four
file5.csv to tab_fiveMy

I want to directly generate an excel sheet from splunk which would contain all the five tabs along with the data corresponding to each tab..please suggest !!

Thanks in advance

0 Karma

abhayneilam
Contributor

I am traversing $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/exportexcel/ but not getting any place where to edit for getting that options available in the dashboard..this link is not that much helpful "http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/29336/splunk-for-excel-export" , I am bit confused about it..Kindly suggest me some clear picture.

Please help !!

Thanks,
Abhay

0 Karma

Drainy
Champion

Have you actually read anything on http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/29336/splunk-for-excel-export ? It clearly states there is an example dashboard and where it is located and that it is a module. E.g you would need to add the button to the dashboards you want to display it.

abhayneilam
Contributor

It is installed in my splunk web.. But how do I get the "export to excel" options available in my SPLUNK GUI.

Please help !!

Thanks,
Abhay

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...