Splunk Search

Regexing multiple values

WestlyB

Hello everyone,

I've been banging my head on this one. I'm sure it involves 'rex' which I'm not so familiar with.

I have the following search
search | regex _raw="|MAX TCP Connections||MAX UDP Connections|" | table _raw

Of course this spits out the entire _raw event. I'd like search for all events that match event with either MAX TCP Connection or MAX UDP Connection and send those to a field and when I use table, I see either MAX TCP Connections or MAX UDP Connections in the field. No event will have both. I really hope that makes sense. Any help would be great.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Please provide some sample data and expected final output.

0 Karma

the_wolverine
Champion
"MAX TCP Connections" OR "MAX UDP Connections" | rex "(?<value>(MAX TCP Connections|MAX UDP Connections)" | stats count by value

WestlyB

Thanks for the reply! but this didn't work for me. 😞

0 Karma

the_wolverine
Champion

The match is case sensitive so edit as needed to exact match the string you are looking for.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Maybe add a max_match=0 to the regex or to make it case insensitive add (?i) to the regex like this rex "(?<value>(?i)(MAX TCP Connections|MAX UDP Connections)" and remember - this is un-tested since I have no Splunk instance handy right now 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...