All Apps and Add-ons

Redefine root_endpoint

jpenetra
Explorer

Hello,

I've redefined root_endpoint this way although my test environment is not behind a proxy

[settings]

root_endpoint = /splunk

but when I try to create an app like the musicdashboard, the application tries to access URLs like this:

localhost:8000/splunk/en-US/splunk/en-US/splunkd/_raw/services/apps/local/musicapp?output_mode=json&=1386172415023

localhost:8000/splunk/en-US/splunk/en-US/splunkd/_raw/services/authentication/users/admin?output_mode=json&=1386172415008

localhost:8000/splunk/en-US/splunk/en-US/splunkd/_raw/services/server/info/server-info?output_mode=json&=1386172415023

And they all result in 404.

Is there anything else that should be configured? Or is this a known issue?

Thanks for your help

1 Solution

mgroves_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello,

This is a known issue with the Web Framework in Splunk 6.0. We have a fix that will be 6.0.1 that should be released before the end of the year. There is no current workaround, besides not using alternate root endpoints.

Sorry about this.

Thanks
Mark

View solution in original post

mgroves_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello,

This is a known issue with the Web Framework in Splunk 6.0. We have a fix that will be 6.0.1 that should be released before the end of the year. There is no current workaround, besides not using alternate root endpoints.

Sorry about this.

Thanks
Mark

jbernt_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Remove the trailing /, for starters. there's a double whack in there.

jpenetra
Explorer

I've tried that and the link loses one of the "/" but the problem still occurs. I'll update the question.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...