Monitoring Splunk

Rapid7 search error

gustavobrgyn

Hello,

I'm trying to use the search below but I only get 0 events.

What Am I doing wrong?

index=rapid7 sourcetype=*
| eval site=coalesce(site, "") 
| eval asset=coalesce(asset_id, "") 
| search site=* status=Approved reason="Acceptable risk" 
| search [search index=rapid7 sourcetype="rapid7:nexpose:asset" | fields * | eval tag=coalesce(split(nexpose_tags,";"), "") | search tag="*" * vendor_product="*" site_id="*" pci_status="*" (hostname=* OR ip=* OR mac=*) | fields * | table asset_id hostname ip mac os site_name nexpose_tags os]
| dedup site asset vulnerability_id
| sort "Status" DESC 
| table status vulnerability_id title asset_id severity_score severity reason additional_comments submitted_by review_date review_comment expiration_date port key
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your SPL has a few errors, perhaps because of the way the forum formats questions. Please edit the question to correct issues like "search site= status=...". It will be easier to help if we're looking at a valid query.

A typical approach for debugging a query that returns zero events is to start with the base search and add one command at a time until no results are returned. The last command added is probably the cause.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...