Training + Certification Discussions

Questions about the Splunk Fundamentals 1 exam?

Spmaster
Explorer

Hi, I need to know the details about this exam pattern for Splunk 6.x fundamentals 1. i.e.

1. How much duration and how many questions need to answer?
  2. When I will be ready for this, so after sending you mail when I will get the date for exam?
  3. Any expiry for the exam date? If there is any link for these details could you please provide
Tags (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

It is cake. Take the class and DO NOT SKIP THE LABS! You should pass easily.

bankas

Hi everyone,
I've completed all the 14 modules which is in the Splunk Fundamentals Part 1 (elearning). In order to get the final exam link from Splunk team to which email id I should send an email saying that I've completed the Splunk Certified User Certification course . Please if someone have any idea about it please help me and your leads would be much helpful for me at this point of time.
Thanks in Advance!
Regards,
Srikanth B,Hi Everyone,
I have completed the Splunk 7.x Fundamentals Part 1 (eLearning) course. In order to get the exam link to which email id I should send an email to splunk team saying that I've completed the course. If someone have any idea about it please help me.
Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Srikanth

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Splunk has announced new Certification Program as per which existing Splunk Registrations have already stopped and Exam Link already share will expire by August 31. New exam will be proctored at Pearson Testing Centers, from October 8th onward. Refer to the Splunk Certification Program Relaunch announcement on Splunk Training portal. If you already have existing Certification you should also read about the re-certification program.

Registration for our existing
(soon-to-be “legacy”) exams will close
on August 15, 2018 and all existing
exam links will expire on August 31.
No exceptions can be granted, as the
existing platform will be terminated
on September 1.

dhirendra761
Contributor

[UPDATED]
I have registered Splunk Certified User 6.x Online Exam and below are mail contents:

You have been registered for the Splunk Certified User 6.x exam.
Please note: this link will expire August 31, 2018

Once on the sign-on page, confirm your contact information.
There is some important information below that you should review before you begin.

1. Every respondent's link is different so please use this link only for yourself.
  2. You must complete & pass the course before starting the exam.
  3. The questions on this exam are based on the following Splunk Education course: Splunk Fundamentals 1
  4. You have one hour to complete the exam after the first page of questions displays. Once you select and submit an answer, you cannot go back.
  5. You must achieve a score of 75% to pass.
  6. If this is your first attempt and for some reason you do not pass, you will be eligible to retake the exam in 120 hours (5 days). At that time, you can use the same link to return to the exam and try again. Our exam retake policy can be viewed here: https://www.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAAP2W (Finally you will get at least 3 chance to pass in the exam 🙂 )

Happy Learning Splunk!!

0 Karma

anshultayal

Hi @dhirendra761 , How much time it took you to get that email of certification exam link???

0 Karma

dhirendra761
Contributor

Hi .... @anshultayal .... within 2-3 days after registration.

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

@spmaster, @bluestar,
Splunk Fundamentals is a preparation course for Splunk Certified User Certification.
there is an exam at the end of this course, i think passing score is 70 or 75.

Splunk Certified User is a required prerequisite to both the Splunk Certified Power User and the Splunk Certified Admin certification tracks.

Splunk Certified User ----> Splunk Certified Power User ------> Splunk Certified Admin -----> Splunk Certified Architect

mhossain08

how long the test and how many question have to answer?

0 Karma

lfedak_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @spmaster, the Splunk Fundamentals course exam covers material from the course itself.
All of the topics are available in a list on this course overview page: https://www.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAAPX9

The Splunk Fundamentals 1 course is free and you have 30 days to complete it once you register and begin the course work. It will take at least 15+ hours to complete all of the videos and lab work, or longer if you really want it to sink in. Throughout the course you’ll take quizzes. If you ace these quizzes and review your notes then you’ll finish the Splunk Fundamentals 1 exam without issue. I think I finished it in 25 minutes, but you have about an hour to finish it online and can reference your notes and what not. You take this quiz whenever you’d like to take it through the education portal, so you just need to log in and finish the course materials, then you can take the test any time at all. Access expires after 30 days, which is plenty of time to finish the course and labs if you commit a little time each day or spend a few full days on it.

After you finish the Fundamentals 1 exam you can take the certification exam, which is a bit more challenging. For that I recommend reviewing the Documentation notes about each topic in the Splunk Fundamentals 1 course to have a thorough understanding of each topic. You have to email the education team then they’ll send you an email and you can take it on your own time at home whenever you’d like. If you fail the first time you can retake the exam some time later, and if you fail it again then you can take the exam a third and final time.

The questions are slightly more challenging, but you’ll be able to finish them within the time limit as long as you have prepared and reviewed these topics. It is open note as well, but you won’t have time to research topics if you have not already studied them, so study, study, study.

RogeanaM
Observer

So did you only pass by using Fundamentals 1 

0 Karma

Spmaster
Explorer

Thanks for the information.

ejespiritu
Explorer

Hi, sorry i know this is an old thread. 30 days has passed and i still haven't completed the training due to various reasons. Is there a way to reset this training?

0 Karma

Spmaster
Explorer

One more query for the exam what are the passing marks criteria?

0 Karma

bluestar2017

By the way when i try to lunch the fundamental 1 course it doesn't lunch . dose any one noticed the same issue ? I rebooted my laptop and tied to lunch the fundamental 1 with Chrome and IE but the result was the same .

0 Karma

Saikumar843

Pop up window might have been blocked on the browser. allow popup windows to get the fundamentals modules tab

0 Karma

lfedak_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @bluestar2017, Is the course still not loading? It usually begins in a separate window. If it isn't working I can reach out and ask the education team if they know about system requirements. Do you know what version browser you're using? And do you happen to have Firefox? That's what I usually run it on.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...