Splunk Search

Question about Auto incremented values field in DB connect app ?

sieutruc
Contributor

Hello,

I have a small question about incremented values field that is used to keep track new events in table.
in my table there is field ID_temp that increases 1 when new event comes, but it'll get back to 0 when it reaches 100. And after that there might be 2 events with the same ID_temp, so does the new one like to be a new event when Splunk sees it ?

Another thing is if i have incremented values field that also inscreases when there is new imcoming event , but sometimes that field keeps not change its value, for ex: 2 events arrive at the same time so the arriving time is the same for both. Are they indexed all by Splunk ?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ziegfried
Influencer

Column that are auto-increment and reset the way you described are probably not a viable candidate for the rising column in a database tail input.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ziegfried
Influencer

Column that are auto-increment and reset the way you described are probably not a viable candidate for the rising column in a database tail input.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...