Dashboards & Visualizations

Putting in Custom D3js Diagram into the Search and Reporting Dashboard as a Panel

mseto
Explorer

Is it possible to integrate a D3js visualization as a panel in dashboard through source editing? If yes, how do I do that?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you're talking about the default .../app/search page, no - there's no reasonable way of changing that without major headaches.

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's a bunch of .js files stored in $SPLUNK_HOME/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/js, I've done some changes myself for showcases - so yeah, it is possible.
However, any changes made there will certainly not survive an upgrade and won't make any friends in support.

Instead, have you considered using SplunkJS/Webframework to build your own search page? That would live in your local space, survive upgrades, and not mess with built-in features. Here's a pointer on where you might get started: http://dev.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAAET9

mseto
Explorer

If I am willing to stock up on aspirin and bear with the headache, would you know if it is actually possible?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...