Splunk Enterprise

Puppet module to deploy UniversalForwarder

softwareimprove
Explorer

Dear all,

please find here my attempt at making a working Puppet module to deploy the uf en-masse. It's tested and working on CentOS, Ubuntu and Opensuse, but YMMV. It defaults on a standard template unless you place a .erb file in the templates folder. Gets its parameters from Hiera (uf.yaml).

Tags (1)

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I love it thanks!

softwareimprove
Explorer

Yes! You can find it here: http://forge.puppetlabs.com/SIG/splunk . Soon I'll put there the others too (I'm working on a fully automated monitoring solution deployed via puppet: collectd to send metrics to graphite, sar and *NIX application for more metrics, nagios for alerts and forwarder for the logs).

adamw
Communicator

Have you put this up on Puppet Forge yet (forge.puppetlabs.com) ? I think it would be really useful, especially since a lot of the existing modules are almost exclusively for Red Hat or Ubuntu systems.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...