Dashboards & Visualizations

Plotting a trapezoid on a chart and calculating its area

keerthana_k
Communicator

Hi All,

I am trying to plot a trapezoid over a chart and calculate it’s area to find a value that I am interested in. Please refer image.
If I can get the length of the two sides and the height from base, then I can calculate the area of the trapezoid. Is there any in-built function to do this? Or else is there a way I can plot the trapezoid over a chart and find the necessary values?

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

jtrucks
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You might be able to do this using some of the external visualization libraries via the API, but there is no built-in function that would calculate that information for you unless you have the datapoints and could perform all the math using eval yourself.

--
Jesse Trucks
Minister of Magic

View solution in original post

keerthana_k
Communicator

The reason I need to approximate is I need to intrapolate the values using percentile.

0 Karma

lukejadamec
Super Champion

I don't understand why you want to approximate that which can be determined exactly with less work.

0 Karma

jtrucks
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You might be able to do this using some of the external visualization libraries via the API, but there is no built-in function that would calculate that information for you unless you have the datapoints and could perform all the math using eval yourself.

--
Jesse Trucks
Minister of Magic

keerthana_k
Communicator

I used custom python script to achieve this.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...