Getting Data In

Parse A field that contains many Portential other fields

cbrownlee

I am trying to parse a field that has much data and the fields will always be the same. Rex field will be too long to use it as often as I use it. The field names will be the names before the colon. For example ackn_time=1500394536, application=websphere Application Server

additional_info={ackn_time:1500394536,u_message_object:SETLWEB_C1:27577:snossd08.here.com:::JVM,receiving_time:1500394536,service_name:snossd08.here.com,message_number:54ad72a8-6bd4-71e7-01a0-0a8bc02b0000,notification_flag:0,u_message_source:WBSSPI_0005(7.401),trouble_tick_flag:0,u_message_notification_flag:0,msg_source_name:WBSSPI_0005(7.401),application:websphere Application Server,message_group:WBSSPI,u_message_group:WBSSPI,cma_value:WBSSPI-0005.2: Major threshold,u_cmdb_ci_appl:websphere Application Server,u_message_trouble_ticket_flag:0,object:SETLWEB_C1:27577:sawasd08.dtcc.com:::JVM}

Any help would be great!!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

coltwanger
Contributor

I think what you'll want to do is create a transforms.conf for this sourcetype that creates the fields for you based on your regex. You will want to define what constitutes a field name (after a comma, before a colon) and what constitutes a field value (after the colon and before the comma). Then use FORMAT = $1::$2 to have Splunk figure out the field and values for you when you search.

See this thread for an example:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/150530/how-to-autofill-field-name-with-field-extraction-or-dynami...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...