Getting Data In

Palo Alto Syslog being Indexed, but not parsed

cklinkbeil

I saw the other forum posts, and they are not the same Issue i am having. I have configured the PA to directly send syslog's to the Splunk server. Its a single node deployment. I installed the Addon as well as the PA dashboard app. I am using the default syslog format of BSD with no custom formats.

I created a Pan_logs Index and a UDP data input on 5514, with a sourcetype of pan:log. I have also tried other source types such as pan:firewall, pan:traffic....etc

I can do a search on the index, and it comes up with all the syslog messages. The source type is pan:traffic from most of them. config changes come in with pan:config.

The index is configured with the App of the Addon

None of the data is being parsed into the dashboard. A search of eventtype="pan_firewall" yields no results.

What am I missing? I feel like its a Splunk config i need.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

cklinkbeil

To add to what I typed previously, when I search the index, it looks like the "sourcetype" is not being converted from "pan:config" to "pan_config"

all of the source types still have the ":" in them.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...