Splunk Search

Overriding _time

msarro
Builder

Greetings everyone. Is there any way to modify _time's value for the sake of a single search? One of our sources has the time set 2 hours behind where it should be. We have to present data tomorrow, and it will take at least a week to re-index everything. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tags (1)

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can munge time with eval. Something like this should work:

... | eval _time=if(source=="/some/bad/source",_time+7200,_time)

Things can get slightly wonky doing stuff like this though. You may need to resort by time (| sort -_time), and because this is a post-search processing of the data your search window will need to be large enough to be inclusive of the whole time window.

I would definitely plan on a reindex to fix the fouled data. But this might get you through your demo tomorrow.

chris
Motivator

Hi, I have been struggling with this for a long time. Thanks a lot. I am trying to display events from the past in the same graph as current events in a graph (Today vs last week).

0 Karma

vlapeintuit
Explorer

you can perform a regex on the field where the time is and search based on that time. an example....

search rex field=_raw "(?\d{4}\/\d{2}\/\d{2}) (?\d{2}:\d{2}:\d{2})" | sort by new_date,new_time

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...