Archive

Optiv Threat Intel: After initial configuration, getting "Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/optiv_threat_intel/saved/searches/...."

Hello world,

The initial config comes back with the message:

Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'localapps': Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/optiv_threat_intel/saved/searches/Optiv%20Threat%20List%20Hit%20on%20Destination%20IP%20Email%20Alert%20-%20Index%201

Any clue what I did wrong here?

Thx a lot
Marcus

0 Karma

Explorer

FYI this error is still there (for me at least) in v. 3.20
alt text

0 Karma

Communicator

Dev here- are you editing the saved search as admin? If this issue persists please try restarting Splunk. Otherwise you can edit the search in optiv_threat_intel/default, then copy the stanza you want and paste it into local and make your changes there.
Good luck.

0 Karma

Hi Derek,

I am having the same issue, I have tried restarting Splunk and making changes in the stanza. It still takes me back to the setup page and same error every time.

I have even tried installing it on a different search head. Any ideas?

0 Karma

Hi Derek,

Can you let me know what config file would be updated during the initial configuration so I can update them manually. I know the macro.conf file would be updated with the three indexes but I am not sure what file gets updated with the alert configuration in the initial configuration.

Maybe I can manually update this file and get past the configuration page to actually be able to see what the app looks like.

Thanks,

0 Karma

Communicator

Update macros.con with your index names in local:
Example:

[network_index_one]
disabled = 0
definition = index=pan_logs

Create app.conf in local:
Example

[default]

[install]