Splunk Search

On-Premises documentation server

eden881
Path Finder

I run Splunk Enterprise in a distributed cluster architecture, in an offline environment that is completely disconnected from the internet.

I need to browse the Splunk documentation while in this offline environment.
To do that conveniently, I want to run a web server (preferably a container) that will serve an offline version of the Splunk documentation website.
If I can also change the redirects from Splunk Enterprise to point at my private server, that would be even better.

How can I achieve this?

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

One possible solution - not the one you were looking for but I think one some others may be OK enough with - is that you can export entire manuals as PDF.

So, for instance, the search manual: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.0/Search/GetstartedwithSearch
There's a link in the upper left for "download manual as PDF"

NOTE: This likely isn't what you need, but I thought I'd put it as a placeholder here in a comment for now - I will convert it to an addition unaccepted answer after you get an actual "accepted answer", because I think for many people who might stumble across this question later, this sort of answer may be sufficient. So, after you get a real answer (whether that's positive or negative, whatever), I can shuffle this with an edit to remove this blurb into a secondary answer.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...