All Apps and Add-ons

OSSEC: Cannot monitor Remote node with agentless

BOM_SAGAR

Hi Experts,

I cannot configure ossec with agentless.. can anybody please halp me how to achieve it.
I am using password less SSH for logging into remote node which is to be monitored fro OSSEC server.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

southeringtonp
Motivator

This isn't really the best site for your question -- most of the people here won't be able to offer much assistance since it's about OSSEC configuration and doesn't really have much to do with Splunk or with the Reporting and Management for OSSEC app specifically.

Your best bet would be to ask on the OSSEC Users mailing list.

0 Karma

BOM_SAGAR

We are using ossec HIDS 2.8 agentless configuration,

<type>ssh_integrity_check_linux</type>
    <frequency>360</frequency>
    <host>root@10.128.54.103</host>
    <state>periodic</state>
    <arguments>/xyz_old</arguments>

<type>ssh_integrity_check_linux</type>
    <frequency>360</frequency>
    <host>root@10.128.21.188</host>
    <state>periodic</state>
    <arguments>/var/ossectest/ossec.txt</arguments>

There are two agentless clients(AIX and Linux) we need to monitor but getting below errors in ossec.log,

2014/09/06 20:44:16 ossec-syscheckd: WARN: Error opening directory: '/xyz_old/xyz': No such file or directory
2014/09/06 20:44:16 ossec-syscheckd: WARN: Error opening directory: '/var/ossectest/ossec.txt': No such file or directory

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...