Splunk Enterprise

New install web interface login doesn't appear on Ubuntu

bdsys
Explorer

I new install of Splunk 4.2 on Ubuntu ver. 11 went flawlessly. I went to .:8000 and only the "Splunk>" logo would appear, without the login interface. Any answers?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bdsys
Explorer

To save all the details, here is one way to fix the problem:

-If you're an amateur Linux server admin like me, you probably have Ubuntu (or something similar IE Debian) with a GUI. Go into the GUI and open the web browser to "localhost:8000" this somehow forces the initial "admin - changeme" login prompt to appear.

If this doesn't work or another fix is in, post it!

Additional Notes:
-This may be due to DNS but, that is doubtful.
-Tried 192.168.x.x:8000 to no avail
-tried multiple browsers

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bdsys
Explorer

To save all the details, here is one way to fix the problem:

-If you're an amateur Linux server admin like me, you probably have Ubuntu (or something similar IE Debian) with a GUI. Go into the GUI and open the web browser to "localhost:8000" this somehow forces the initial "admin - changeme" login prompt to appear.

If this doesn't work or another fix is in, post it!

Additional Notes:
-This may be due to DNS but, that is doubtful.
-Tried 192.168.x.x:8000 to no avail
-tried multiple browsers

0 Karma

bdsys
Explorer

localhost can be replaced with the . referencing your public IP address if you use port forwarding. (127.0.0.1 can be used instead of localhost if need be, for whatever odd reason 🙂 )

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...