Knowledge Management

Need to add a separator in Stats table between each Sort

arunsubram
Explorer

----| stats sparkline as magnitude_trend,count by rest_api_name,http_status_code,a | lookup AppIdLookUp a OUTPUT PartnerName | sort PartnerName

Above is my query to do refer a lookup file and populate the PartnerName. Currently I have about 100+ PartnerNames and each Partner has 5 to 10 rest api names. My stats table look like big grid.

For easy reading, I wanted to add a colored space row or separator after each PartnerName sorted like below

restname1 statuscode-400 count PartnerA
restname2 statuscode-400 count PartnerA
restname3 statuscode-400 count PartnerA

restname1 statuscode-400 count PartnerB
restname2 statuscode-500 count PartnerB
restname3 statuscode-401 count PartnerB

restname1 statuscode-200 count PartnerC
restname2 statuscode-400 count PartnerC
restname3 statuscode-500 count PartnerC

Appreciate any suggestions

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To generate the row itself, you could do something like this:

... | stats ... | lookup ... | appendpipe [stats count by PartnerName | fields - count | eval rest_api_name="ZZZ make sure this causes the row to sort towards the end"] | sort PartnerName rest_api_name | eval rest_api_name=case(NOT match(rest_api_name, "^ZZZ"), rest_api_name)

That should insert a row per partner, set the rest name to some placeholder to be sorted towards the end, do the sort, hide the placeholder.

Colouring the separator row can be done with a bit of JS and CSS in dashboards.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To generate the row itself, you could do something like this:

... | stats ... | lookup ... | appendpipe [stats count by PartnerName | fields - count | eval rest_api_name="ZZZ make sure this causes the row to sort towards the end"] | sort PartnerName rest_api_name | eval rest_api_name=case(NOT match(rest_api_name, "^ZZZ"), rest_api_name)

That should insert a row per partner, set the rest name to some placeholder to be sorted towards the end, do the sort, hide the placeholder.

Colouring the separator row can be done with a bit of JS and CSS in dashboards.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...