#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Need help stopping Splunk Answers from reformatting data

bradj013
Explorer

I am trying to post a question in Splunk Answers that contains odd line numbers and some backslashes. For example:

2.4 First line
2.5 Second line
2.6 Third line

I typed "2.4 First line", "2.5 Second line", "2.6 Third line" and the forum is rounding my numbers (according to the preview). I also have some data that has odd character sequences in it and the forum is breaking it up and putting part of it in a box. I guess in am looking for a text only mode with no fancy formatting or numbering.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The forum is similar to a wiki page in that it tries to format the text for easy reading based on what you type. Obviously, it's not getting it right. See https://answers.splunk.com/static/markdown/help.html for how what you type affects the formatting. To prevent format changes, put your text into a code box by highlighting and then clicking the "101010" icon.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@ppablo_splunk

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...