#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Need help stopping Splunk Answers from reformatting data

bradj013
Explorer

I am trying to post a question in Splunk Answers that contains odd line numbers and some backslashes. For example:

2.4 First line
2.5 Second line
2.6 Third line

I typed "2.4 First line", "2.5 Second line", "2.6 Third line" and the forum is rounding my numbers (according to the preview). I also have some data that has odd character sequences in it and the forum is breaking it up and putting part of it in a box. I guess in am looking for a text only mode with no fancy formatting or numbering.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The forum is similar to a wiki page in that it tries to format the text for easy reading based on what you type. Obviously, it's not getting it right. See https://answers.splunk.com/static/markdown/help.html for how what you type affects the formatting. To prevent format changes, put your text into a code box by highlighting and then clicking the "101010" icon.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@ppablo_splunk

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...