Archive
Highlighted

My splunk instance stop responding

Contributor

I have been running splunk on a server for sometime now and last week it stops responding. I don't know what could be the issue that cause it. When I access the server and go to localhost:8000, the page keeps loading and never give me any message. What can I do now?

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: My splunk instance stop responding

Contributor

Can you give more information about your OS and version of the Splunk ?

0 Karma
Highlighted

Contributor

Hi I'm running version 6.6.2. And it is running on a windows server.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Influencer

Did you try restarting?
Any errors in splunkd.log? Is the server healthy? Try using servername:8000 or serverip:8000 and see if it makes any difference?

0 Karma
Highlighted

Contributor

I did try to stopped, restarted it but even when it stop, my localhost:8000 still doesn't response. I would expect it to send me something like server's not responding. The server is healthy. There are 2 errors such as: ERROR HttpListener - Exception. I just tried using servername:8000 and serverip:8000 and it still doesn't work.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Builder

Has it created a socket on port 8000 yet? Try: netstat -an | select-string 8000 and see if anything returns that it's listening. If not, do you have anything denying it from creating that socket? Anti-virus, etc?

0 Karma
Highlighted

Contributor

I tried that command but it said select-string is not recognized as an internal or external command. I have McAfee running but I don't know if that blocking the port. How can I find out?

0 Karma
Highlighted

Builder

Run command via powershell, not cmd.exe if that's what you were doing. select-string is a powershell command.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Contributor

in CMD:
netstat -an | findstr /s /i 8000

Highlighted

Contributor

I did that and it display a list of ip addresss along with a column to the right that indicate FINWAIT2 and CLOSE_WAIT

0 Karma
Speak Up for Splunk Careers!

We want to better understand the impact Splunk experience and expertise has has on individuals' careers, and help highlight the growing demand for Splunk skills.