Dashboards & Visualizations

Multiple dropdowns using multiple searches and passing the tokens into single dashboard panel

sandeepsplunk01

There are 4 dropdowns

D1 D2 D3 D4

All are having unique searches and I want to pass the data accordingly into the single panel.

Ex: D1 dropdown using index=A, D2 using index=B, D3 using index=C as a base search.

Now when user select any value in D1 dropdown, then data is reflect into single panel and when D2 dropdwon selected then D2 token data should pass into the same panel.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sandeepsplunk019,
let me understand, have you a search like this?

(index=A field1=$D1$) OR (index=B field2=$D2$) OR (index=C field3=$D3$) OR (index=D field4=$D4$)
| stats count

The only problem is to define the default values for each dropdown (e.g. * for all).

Put attention if the for partial searches (e.g. index=A $D1$) the field that you used for the dropdown is present in all the events, because using * as default value if you have events without field1 they are excluded from the results.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

sandeepsplunk01

Hello Gcusella,

Thanks for the response.

Your understanding is correct but challenge for me is to show the data based on dropdown token into the same panel.

Example: DropdownA search(Token LM1): index=A | stats count by L1,

DropdownA search(Token LM2): index=A $LM1$| stats count by L2,
DropdownA search(Token LM3): index=A $LM2$| stats count by L3,
DropdownA search(Token LM4): index=A $LM3$| stats count by L3.

When I select DropdownA , panel should Field L1 AND When I select DropdownB , same panel should display only Field L2.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @sandeepsplunk019,
sorry but I don't understand:
what's LMx and what's the difference with Lx?
if the four examples are the searches of the dropdowns, what's the search in the panel??

Ciao.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

sandeepsplunk01

LM is the token name and L is the field name.

Search in the panel is

Index=* (L1=$LM1$ AND L2=$LM2$ AND L3=$LM3$ AND L4=$LM4$)

| stats count by L1 L2 L3 L4 Utilization

When I click on Dropdown A and select L1 value then I'm expecting the search in the panel would be index=* (LM1=$selected token$ AND LM2=$L2$ AND LM3=$L3$ AND LM4=$L4$) | stats count by LM1 utilization

When I click on Dropdown B and select L2 value then I'm expecting the search in the panel would be index=* (LM1=$L1$ AND LM2=$Lselected token$ AND LM3=$L3$ AND LM4=$L4$) | stats count by LM2 utilization

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...